See What Our Customers Have to Say
- Alaskan Cruise Fishing Trip My wife and I were... moreMy wife and I were taking a cruise with another couple. One of the wives wanted to catch salmon while I wanted to fish for Halibut. Oasis had a 6 hour trip that was for salmon and halibut. The booking process was easy and with 4 of us, we would have our own boat. The booking process was easy and they guided us through everything we needed to get from the cruise ship to the marina. Our Captain, Thomas, was great. Our cruise ship had a small window of time to be in Ketchikan, but Oasis Alaska Charters was ready to go and we had a great trip and made it back to the ship with time to spare. lesskaianderson2018 7/27/2018Disappointed Weather changed shortly after we... moreWeather changed shortly after we left dock. We could hardly stand up so there really was no fishing done. Disappointed that they even went out. They got us. lessxrtek 6/01/2023
- Great trip again This was our second time... moreThis was our second time fishing with Oasis. It was probably the worst fishing that I have experienced in Alaska, but it definitely was no fault of Oasis or Capt. Chris.edteel 8/10/2019
The weather just turned bad and the seas were pretty rough.
Chris tried hard to get us on some good fishing. I think he really went overboard to try and get us lots of fish, but it just wasn't the day for it.
We brought fish home, but not near as much as usual or as we would have liked, but it was still a great and fun adventure.
Id recommend Oasis to anyone. lessGreat Salmon Fishing experience! My two sons and I... moreMy two sons and I had a great experience with Oasis Alaska Charters and captain Drew. It was a slow day but Drew worked constantly to help us find the fish. This was my boys (15 & 21) favorite excursion of our cruise and they had a blast! I would highly recommend the whole crew at Oasis Alaska Charters! lessDoug 7/27/2022
- The best The fishing guide know where... moreThe fishing guide know where the fish are, a lot of experience, Johanne help us with everything, she is amazing, lessivangarcia50 7/07/2021Great time My husband and son originally... moreMy husband and son originally had a halibut trip booked thru our cruise line but it was cancelled. I ended up booking with Oasis Charters and they were great from the initial inquiry. They were responsive and helpful. We reserved transfers from cruise dock and the halibut charter for 2. My husband and son had a blast and both caught a halibut plus some cod. Great time had and worth every cent. less188tammyg 5/28/2022
- Great day fishing Ketchikan! Chris was our guide and... moreChris was our guide and captain! Seas were big so he worked hard to put us on the fish in some calmer waters so we could enjoy our time on the boat! He did a great job on our 4 hr charter helping each of us boat fish while talking about the local area. We saw whales close to the boat on several occasions adding to our adventure. The marina location put us on the fishing spots quickly and gave us options to duck out of the swell on the lea side of several islands. Great trip! lessLawsonair 8/07/2018Another great fishing excursion! Second year of using Oasis... moreSecond year of using Oasis Alaska Charters with Capt. Murray and he again put us on great fishing. We've already booked the trip for 2019 and looking forward to more great fishing. lessdjmiller206 7/30/2018
- All around best experience ever everything about this trip was... moreeverything about this trip was amazing! From JoAnn helping with the arrangements and shuttle, to Captain Murray putting us on all the fish! The weather was sunny all day, and if the fish weren't biting immediately, he took us to a spot where they did. We had 6 people and our friends were on another boat with 5 ppl. We beat them, with a whopping 28 salmon!! The processing was easy and 120 pounds of salmon showed up on my doorstep the day after we returned to Austin. We will all be back (a couple of us wanted to stay). Thanks again!Alex 7/14/2023
Austin - Tx less6 hour Halibut and Salmon Mark was fast to respond... moreMark was fast to respond when I left a message to book the trip and we took advantage of their shuttle van. Hunter was our Captain and did a great job finding fish on our 6 hour Halibut and Salmon trip. With a little time left to spare, Hunter let us jig for Sea Bass and he kept the boat over the fish. It was a great trip and we would definitely book with Oasis again! … lessDan 8/01/2021
- Fantastic Experience We had an unbelievable experience.... moreWe had an unbelievable experience. Thomas was our captain and did a great job of getting us set up and keeping us in water where the fish were hitting on a regular basis. We really appreciated his help getting our catch back home and overall just providing a wonderful time. less4bosox 7/21/2018Customer event We have for the past... moreWe have for the past few years worked with Oasis for our Alaska customer fishing trip. Mark, Joanne and their boat captains have been wonderful for us and have accommodated all of our requests. The fishing was wonderful again and our freezers are all full of Salmon, Halibut and Yellow Eye. We'll definitely be back! lessEpirocTodd 8/07/2019
- First time in Alaska fishing My wife and I wanted... moreMy wife and I wanted to catch our limit of fish while we were in port. Getting off and on a cruise ship with a limited amount of time, so we booked a private boat for the two of us. Captain Bill called us before we docked and offered to pick us up right of the dock and back to our ship after a GREAT DAY of fishing and scenery. He let us fish right up to the minute to when we had to return. Will Be Back Thanks Captain Bill and Oasis Charters lessmidcoast001 8/20/2018Awesome!!! Love this charter company! ... moreLove this charter company! Best fishing in Ketchikan Alaska! Ask for Thomas. He is a fantastic captain/guide! We caught so many fish. Wonderful!! lessPollywdavis 6/20/2018
- Two great days of fishing! My son and I had... moreMy son and I had two great days of fishing with Captain Thomas, one fishing for salmon and one for halibut. Captain Thomas was very knowledgeable and friendly. We had great success both days. We even had personalized service with Jo Ann joining us one day, making the experience that much better. Would definitely go with Oasis again!Tad and Carter lesswifesreview 7/15/2017Disabled Veterans fifth annual "Trip of a Lifetime" with Oasis alaska Charters The ownership, Captain and deck... moreThe ownership, Captain and deck hand truly made this a "Trip of a Lifetime" for our Disabled Veteran participants. We caught fish, we laughed and we came back with Kodak moments and wonderful memories that will be there for a lifetime. As the President of Purple Heart Anglers I just can't say enough. lessRandy 9/26/2018
- Best of Alaska Good people, great views, excellent... moreGood people, great views, excellent experience. This is one of the best excursions we took in Alaska.You really have to do this! lessAlice 1/04/2018Caught our limit and then some On 8/7/21 we were blessed... moreOn 8/7/21 we were blessed to get, El Capitán, Hunter as our guide. THE Hunter helped us get 12 silver (Coho) salmon, 12 pink salmon, and 2 bass. We could have caught more (and if the Hunter got his way we would have), but we didn't have the freezer space. Hunter, the fish whisperer, is a cool Hawaiian boy who grew up fishing in Hawaii. I've never met anyone as passionate about fishing and determined to help you get your moneys worth! He is extremely competitive, committed, and hard working. The whole staff is amazing! The owner picked up our fish and brought it to the airport because we were both headed to the airport. They were willing to accommodate us on short notice and they went above and beyond to help us. I can't rave enough about our experience! TAKE THE SHUTTLE OFFER!! Taking a taxi is about $50-$60. … lessladonamontezuma 8/17/2021
- Highly Recommended- great time! Fantastic! Picked up and dropped... moreFantastic! Picked up and dropped off at the port. We chartered 2 boats for 8 people and we each caught our limit during the 4 hour excursion. Guides were great! This definitely was a highlight of the trip for all of our group. Very fun! lessBeth 7/31/2023Will fish with Alaskan Oasis Charters again We flew from Tampa, Fl... moreWe flew from Tampa, Fl for 3 days of fishing. We made all our own arrangements, but Mark was very helpful with information about the Ketchikan area. We fished with Capt. Drew who is very knowledgable and helpful, a solid guide. We fished Tue 6hrs for Salmon and Halibut. Limited out on both. Fished Wed for 4hrs and limited on Salmon. Thur was a tough 4hrs targeting Halibut in the same location where we caught them on Tue. Cape Drew worked hard for us and we ended the day jigging a couple more Salmon. lessO9060KXjeffd 8/04/2022
- Successful Salmon Fishing Excursion We arrived in Ketchikan on... moreWe arrived in Ketchikan on a Holland America cruise ship and had only 7.5 hrs. in port. We called Oasis Alaska Charters and spoke to Joanne, who helped us book a 6-hour private salmon fishing trip tailored to our ship's arrival and departure in port. We paid a small fee for their shuttle service between the ship's gangway exit and boat dock (both ways). Our shuttle service (provided by Oasis) went smoothly even though we were delayed 30 minutes getting into port and off the ship. We received texts and a phone call letting us know that our ship's arrival and our disembarkation was being monitored, which made our transportation experience as stress-less as possible. Hunter was our fishing boat captain. He was extremely knowledgeable about the area and skilled at finding the right spots to fish. Within 1.5 hours we had almost maxed out our fishing limit of pink salmon. Once still we had reached our limit, Hunter asked if we wanted to fish for sea bass. We had lots of time, so we readily agreed. Hunter taught us the technique for fishing for sea bass, and within 1.5 hours we had reached our limit of sea bass. We noticed some eagles perched on treetops along the coast. Hunter showed us a cool trick for enticing the eagles to the boat. We caught a rockfish and reeled it up quickly to stun the fish (it got the "bends"). Once unhooked from the line, Hunter tossed the rockfish overboard. It was alive and floating on the surface. Within seconds, two eagles launched from shore. The first eagle made two dive passes before grabbing the fish in its talons on the third pass. It made for an excellent video to share with friends and family. Upon our request, Hunter took us to see an active eagle's nest. My buddy and I were extremely happy with our fishing trip/experience with Hunter/Oasis Alaska Charters. We HIGHLY recommend Oasis Alaska Charters. We will definitely charter another fishing trip with Oasis next time we are in Ketchikan. Thank you Hunter and Joanne! lessdavidh610 8/05/2022Fishing fun !! This trip had been planned... moreThis trip had been planned earlier in the year. We had been looking forward to it and were not disappointed. We booked a package deal that included lodging at Clover Pass. We fished three days with Captain Murray and had a great time. We caught more fish than most every day. Halibut, Rockfish, Lingcod and Salmon. Brought home enough to share.... lessweasel2018 8/07/2018
- What a blast! Me and some buddies had... moreMe and some buddies had the opportunity recently to take a day trip out with Oasis. Desmond and First Mate (and daughter Alexa) met us at the dock and in a short few minutes we had the paper work done and were off. Of course it was raining as it is SE Alaska in September but that did not deter from the fun of fishing that day. After only traveling out about 30 minutes Desmond sets up our poles and we're fishing. Doesn't take long at all and WHAM we are getting hits. First we pull in a nice Pink. A few minutes later after Desmond resets that bait and downriggers, two hits just seconds apart. Brought them both in! Nice Coho's. Although we did loose a few, the highlight of salmon fishing this day was having four poles in the water and having action on all four. We did manage to bring three on board! Salmon fishing was a blast but by late morning Desmond knew the salmon would stop biting and we headed a short distance and anchored 350 feet deep for halibut. WOW, never knew the action on bottom fishing! We only had a short amount of time to continue fishing but brought some cod on board as well as a 15 pound halibut. In total we hauled in 15 fish in a very short time. Dock crew were great also. Met us at the dock, hauled our fish to processing, filet them and shipped to my door when I returned. Very easy for vacationers.Hats off again to Skipper Desmond and Alexa! Great experience. You know your fishing and I can't wait to do it again! lessDoug 9/15/2018Great charter, would do again. Great experience. Our family chartered... moreGreat experience. Our family chartered two boats, both captains were amazing. Great job by the company overall. I would certainly do another charter with this company again. lessRon 5/31/2022
- King salmon in Ketchikan Just return from cruise to... moreJust return from cruise to Alask With my wife and two kids. in Ketchikan booked private charter with oasis charters. Great to work with, They were very accommodating to the ships schedule. Boat was like new, clean and in great working order. Capitain Murray was great with kids and was able to put us on the fish. Processing for our catch was available at the marina. Can't wait to return to Alaska and will definitely fish with oasis charters again. lessJacob 6/16/2017Great time! We had a great time... moreWe had a great time with Oasis fishing charters. We ended up with 3 Halibut. Guide was good and the whales gave us quite the show. It was a great experience. lessJamie 6/01/2023
- Great fishing We fished for 2 full... moreWe fished for 2 full days caught halibut and pinks and a couple silvers the first day and the second we caught 2 keeper kings and had to return 6 more they were not big enough. We caught rock fish and a load of pinks. Beautiful scenery great captain Chris we highly recommend Oasis fishing charters lesstimothyraver 8/03/2019Fishing trip. We recently took an Alaskan... moreWe recently took an Alaskan cruise. On our Ketchikan stop we fished with Oasis. They were booked outside what the cruise offered. Took a short cab ride. They were waiting ready for us. Great trip..nice boat..great captain. It was small (only the 4 of us). The scenery was some of the best of the trip. We caught a lot if fish. When we returned to dock, they arranged processing and shipment home. Taxi waiting, then back to ship. Going back to stay and fish for a week. lessMaggiebelle 9/16/2018
- Great time even without catching fish We booked with Oasis Charters... moreWe booked with Oasis Charters prior to our cruise because we really wanted to go out fishing and there was not any excursions on our cruise that had that as an option. From the minute I called Oasis Charters I was in contact with Mark one of the owners. Mark was very honest about the odds were not good for catching halibut during the time of year we were going and so we chose to go salmon fishing instead. Mark and his wife led our boat and were very nice and helpful, even taking my daughter back to shore when she got sick. The motion on the boat is pretty intense if you've never been out on the ocean in a small boat expect to take time to adjust to the movement. We went out for a few hours but did not catch any salmon to take home. My son had one on his line, but it looked to small to keep and he lost it right at the boat. Mark was in frequent contact with the other boat in their fleet as they were catching an abundance of salmon. We switched our depth and were using the same bait but had no luck. We left a little disappointed that we didn't catch anything, but were very pleased with the charter itself. This is a great trust worthy company I would highly recommend. The boat dock is easy to access via a taxi both ways from the pier. The boat had a restroom on board and there was bathroom facilities at the building near the dock. lessAndrea 7/09/2015Fishing Charter Cptn. Thomas had us on... moreCptn. Thomas had us on the salmon with a short window of time. We were pressed as we had limited time for our excursion from the cruise ship, but ended up catching 10 salmon in 2.5 hrs. It was a great overall experience and I look forward to returning. lesserikbullock 8/20/2018
- Salmon and Halibut fishing charter in Ketchican The entire trip and stay... moreThe entire trip and stay at the Clover Pass lodge was a outstanding experience. Oasis Alaska employs Murray the fishing guide and he works very hard to get you on the fish and is a super cool. Boats and fishing equipment were nice and well maintained. The Clover Pass Lodge is older and rooms are small, but everything was clean, well maintained and very nice. The meals that Clover Pass has prepared are great. The fish cleaning and shipping from Clover Pass was a great service. We got 150lbs of fish filets in two days fishing.C3066XBjaya 7/26/2021
Overall the entire fishing charter and lodge were great. I would highly recommend this to any one who has wanted to do something like this.
Murray is a great guide. I would request him for my next trip. He worked non stop to make sure we had our limits of fish. And he was just flat out fun to fish with. lessA fantastic time in Alaska! We had so much fun,... moreWe had so much fun, we even caught some fish! Definitely one of the absolute highlights of our Alaskan vacation. The boat was the perfect size. It was just the six of us so there weren’t tons of people trying to fish at one time getting their lines crossed, etc. I would highly recommend to anyone looking to go fishing to book your tour through Oasis Alaska Charters. lessDarcy 9/27/2019
- My 4 hr salmon charter Traveled to Alaska on the... moreTraveled to Alaska on the NCL Bliss. This was my wife’s dream cruise. Several weeks before I decided to try fishing while in Ketchikan. Knowing full well that our time was limited, I choose Oasis both on reviews and the ability to do a 4 hour trip and still have an hour to spend in town. Captain Des and his first mate proved to be the perfect match.Jack 9/14/2018
Hearing that the prior few days were slim pickings did not diminish my excitement for the trip. I wanted the experience of a cruising on a small boat and chasing salmon and Capt Des did not disappoint. Headed out to one of his favorite spots fished about a half hour with one or two bites. Not satisfied pulled anchor and went for about 20 minutes. That’s where I caught my first coho.
He was excited as I was. Dropped line and said to me “you need at least 2 “ I told him wanted to have my family In for a salmon dinner fresh caught. About 30 minutes before having to return, I got my second coho.
The reviews are totally correct, these guys work hard to get fish for their clients . While there are no guarantees in fishing it’s not from their lack of trying . In many cases it is a once in a life time trip. And thanks to first mate Alexis, she did the video of my catching both coho’s and captured some beautiful scenery as well
In closing I highly recommend these folks. For cruisers their 4 hour even with the 20 minute ride is perfect.Thanks Capt Des and First Mate Alexis
For an awesome trip. Yes , you got me hooked (pardon the pun) and hope to plan a two day trip this summer lessAbsolute Fantastic Fishing! Beware of processor. My husband, daughter and myself... moreMy husband, daughter and myself went out with Capt. Murray on 8/1/2021 for a 4 hr. charter. Wow, what an amazing trip we had! Very friendly experience and we would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for a great experience of fishing and fun.sheilawO1829XS 8/10/2021
* The taxi ride from the cruise ship/downtown is $50 each way. I know it says a few different things on the website, but it's just a straight $50.
* Our biggest disappointment came with the Clover Pass Resort fish processing. One of the most unprofessional companies I have ever dealth with. After our fishing trip in which we caught 3 halibut (one 50lbs) and 10 nice salmon, see photo, we arranged to have our fish shipped back home. After giving our name, address, payment info and being assured our fish would be tagged, frozen, processed and shipped overnight: we called Clover Pass to inquire about our shipment and were told that all of our fish that we had caught had been processed and shipped to another client that had fished on a separate boat that day. They called the Capt. of our boat to ask what we had caught and then offered to send us (at full cost) approximately what we had caught that day and would add a few pounds to make up their mistake. We were told that it would be fish caught sometime this year by other persons who had left their fish behind. We declined as if we had wanted fish we didn't know where it came from or when it was caught, we can go to our local grocery store. What a terrible ending to a trip of a lifetime. less
- The Best! We had a fabulous experience... moreWe had a fabulous experience in Ketchikan! Lots of great memories were made with Oasis Alaska Charters. Planning this trip was just perfect because of the wonderful communication and willingness of Mark. We couldn't thank you enough for getting us the best fishing charter we could possibly have. Oasis Alaska Charters worked extra hard to get us a fishing charter since many of the charters were already booked. Oasis Alaska Charters found us the best. Connor was great! We caught fish! Lots of it! Connor knew exactly where to go and how to navigate to different fishing spots. We had a blast! We even ended early because we caught the limit we wanted. Connor helped us get the fish ready to cut up and shipped back to our home. Last night we had our first piece of salmon and it was absolutely amazing. Thanks for all the memories. We can't stop smiling from this amazing experience. Truly, this was our favorite part of Alaska. Connor, we by far were the best charter we could have asked for. Thank you!!! lessValerie 9/26/2023Fantastic Fishing Experience - Book it! My husband and I booked... moreMy husband and I booked a private charter for Halibut fishing but we actually did both Halibut and Salmon. We had such a great time, our Captain was experienced and did all the hard work while we just brought the fish in abundance. We were able to ship our fish home, which we will enjoy with family.lindajD3933AU 8/11/2022
Highly recommend this experience, you will be happy with your catch! less
- Highlight of our Alaska trip! Like many of tourists in... moreLike many of tourists in Ketchikan, we came in by cruise ship. We had a morning in town and wanted to do some salmon fishing. We found Oasis through Tripadvisor and we were extremely happy with our fishing experience! First off, the pricing is significantly cheaper than the cruise prices. There were four of us and we had our own private boat headed by Captain Murray. Because we had our private boat, each of us were had ample opportunity to reel in our own fish. The Oasis boat, Reel Therapy, is clean and comfortable. As a female, I was happy to see a fully private bathroom instead of a bucket and curtain like on other fishing charters. Snacks and drinks were also provided. Luckily that morning the weather was glorious and the waters were very calm. The 30 pound king salmon was easily the largest fish my husband ever caught. We also caught a 20 pound chum salmon and several rockfish. When we came back to the marina, we were met by the shipping staff and they set up overnight delivery for our fish to be shipped to California. We are enjoying our fresh Alaskan salmon for dinner tonight. I would highly recommend Oasis Fishing charter! When we come back to Alaska, we hope to fish with them again:) lesskala587 6/21/2016One hell of a time Murray and his wife were... moreMurray and his wife were awesome they treated my wife kids and my self like family. We will be back! lessrself76713 9/13/2019
- Top Notch Organization Across the Board! From start to finish this... moreFrom start to finish this was one of the best and easiest vacation experiences of my life. Joanne was very informative and patient with all my questions. Tammy, our shuttle driver was amazing and had a ton of local knowledge. Hunter was our guide, and he did put us on the fish. We brought back 20 Salmon, but even if we would not of, he would have made sure we had a good time. I will be back to Ketchikan to fish with this group again. lessToddE804 8/15/2023Amazing Experience Bucket list trip which left... moreBucket list trip which left the three of us in awe of the experience. Hunter was the consummate captain/guide. Everything was beyond our expectations. lessRickOrnato 7/26/2023
- Great Experience Went on a 4 hour... moreWent on a 4 hour salmon charter with Captain Chris, and have no complaints. Chris kept us busy bringing in Salmon, and was very good with our 10 and 13 year old. He showed them how to set the lines so they could do it and we were off and reeling in the salmon. lessAaschnit5 8/10/2019Excellent Fabulous experience!! Hunter was our... moreFabulous experience!! Hunter was our guide and we have fished many places, but he was the BEST!! Such a great efficient company! lessMarisaoneal31 7/31/2022
- Why look further when you've found the best Fish ,Fun & the ... moreFish ,Fun & the BEST TIME EVER . These guys are ROCK STARS ....we couldn't dream of going on a charter with anyone else .. lesstracibaskett 1/23/2015One hell of a time Murray and his wife were... moreMurray and his wife were awesome they treated my wife kids and my self like family. We will be back! lessrself76713 9/13/2019
- My 4 hr salmon charter Traveled to Alaska on the... moreTraveled to Alaska on the NCL Bliss. This was my wife’s dream cruise. Several weeks before I decided to try fishing while in Ketchikan. Knowing full well that our time was limited, I choose Oasis both on reviews and the ability to do a 4 hour trip and still have an hour to spend in town. Captain Des and his first mate proved to be the perfect match. Hearing that the prior few days were slim pickings did not diminish my excitement for the trip. I wanted the experience of a cruising on a small boat and chasing salmon and Capt Des did not disappoint. Headed out to one of his favorite spots fished about a half hour with one or two bites. Not satisfied pulled anchor and went for about 20 minutes. That’s where I caught my first coho.He was excited as I was. Dropped line and said to me “you need at least 2 “ I told him wanted to have my family In for a salmon dinner fresh caught. About 30 minutes before having to return, I got my second coho. The reviews are totally correct, these guys work hard to get fish for their clients . While there are no guarantees in fishing it’s not from their lack of trying . In many cases it is a once in a life time trip. And thanks to first mate Alexis, she did the video of my catching both coho’s and captured some beautiful scenery as wellIn closing I highly recommend these folks. For cruisers their 4 hour even with the 20 minute ride is perfect.Thanks Capt Des and First Mate AlexisFor an awesome trip. Yes , you got me hooked (pardon the pun) and hope to plan a two day trip this summer lessJack 9/14/2018My best charter in Ketchikan Absolutely wonderful charter with oasis.... moreAbsolutely wonderful charter with oasis. We had captain Murray for two long range fishing trips, he was patient and funny and worked his ass off to get us on fish. I've used several different charters in prior years but oasis was a family affair and you felt it. Mark and JoAnn are wonderful people who will go out of their way to make sure you have a great time, DO NOT HESITATE TO BOOK WITH OASIS. … lessDavid 8/17/2021
- Awesome Great charter. We had a... moreGreat charter. We had a blast and my 9 year old son absolutely loved it. Our captain was great. I would recomend them to everyone! less244tamaraw 8/01/2023Last trip of the season 092316 Expected the fishing to be... moreExpected the fishing to be slower this late in the season and only fishing about 4 hours because have to get back to the cruise ship. Fishing was awsome, only went 1/4 mile from slip and only covered one small area which we shared with whales and bald eagles the whole time. We caught 5 fish and had many more bites. If that is slow I will take it any day. We told the lady cab driver we would get her a filet and we did-she was really happy. We didn't ship any fish because would have to have lots more meat to make it worth while. Our captain Mark really knows the fishery up there. I am going to do a full day and target Halibut with him on our next charter. I have my own boat in San Diego and have been fishing bluefin tuna all summer and this was a great change of pace. Best part was I didn't have to clean the boat when we got back to the dock. lesskelpcruiser 9/28/2016
- Fantastic Fishing Experience - Book it! My husband and I booked... moreMy husband and I booked a private charter for Halibut fishing but we actually did both Halibut and Salmon. We had such a great time, our Captain was experienced and did all the hard work while we just brought the fish in abundance. We were able to ship our fish home, which we will enjoy with family.Highly recommend this experience, you will be happy with your catch! lessLinda 8/11/2022Amazing My husband and sons had... moreMy husband and sons had the time of their life , Captain Murray was awesome & they all went home with incredible FISH STORIES that they didn’t have to make up . The laughs & memories will last a lifetime and more . Their plane wasn’t even in the air and they were planning nexts years trip ! Many thanks to Oasis Alaska Charters ,you guys rock . lessTraci 8/21/2022
- Fishing Charter We had a great time.... moreWe had a great time. Our captain was very good at getting us on fish. He was also a good guy, lots of fun to be around. lesstimmcgnch 8/28/2019Excellent fishing charter The charter was very professional,... moreThe charter was very professional, and catered to our every need. Fishing was good, and our captain knew his business very well. We were even able to have our fish cleaned, packaged, and sent home. lessgengisghandi 9/14/2019
- Great Charter For The Family Went out for a 4... moreWent out for a 4 hour trip one day and a full day a couple days later on a recent trip to Ketchikan. Captain Murray was great. Fishing was slow, but he still managed to get us into fish both trips. He even gave us a little whale watching tour when he spotted some as we were just starting out. Would highly recommend booking a trip with Oasis. The whole family will enjoy a day out with Captain Murray lessJD 6/25/2022Oasis Alaskan Charters….One Class Act While on an Alaskan family... moreWhile on an Alaskan family cruise, we had a very abbreviated stop over in Ketchikan. Unable to book 5 family members on fishing excursion so we went freestyle. Found Oasis Alaskan Charters online and read reviews. Claimed to be 5 star operation so we booked a private charter for just our family.Ray 9/21/2022
From the time we got off to the got back on the cruise ship, Oasis demonstrated they were, in fact, a class act. We were picked up at the pier in a private shuttle at the appointed time, taken directly to the chartered fishing boat, introduced to our captain, Bert, then loaded onto the boat and headed out to do some bucket list salmon fishing. We booked a 4 hour charter as we had to be back to the ship 4-1/2 hours after docking. We didn’t think we were going to get anywhere close to 4 hours of fishing but I will tell you, we got pretty close to that but still got back to the marina by 11:00 am.
While fishing, Bert masterfully navigated the boat around both recreational and commercial salmon fishermen while skillfully managing the rigging of 3 fishing poles. Between the 3 fishermen, we caught 13 good sized silver salmon (largest 12 lbs) during the allotted time. Several more were hooked but lost during recovery. A beautiful day to be in the water for sure.
After returning to the dock, Bert unloaded the salmon for us and hung them up for a photo opportunity. He also has explained to us about the procedure and cost for keeping salmon for personal consumption.
The shuttle ride back to the ship was as good as the pickup and we were back at the ship at the appointed embarkation time.
Oasis Alaska Charters is in complete tune with the cruise ship industry and knows how to maximize your time on the water without being concerned about missing your cruise ship.
This company is a class act all the way and I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to fish in Ketchikan AK. less
- Amazing time! Lots of fun Was overall a great experience!... moreWas overall a great experience! We caught our limit and still had time so our guide Hunter took us trolling. This was my first time deep sea fishing and it was fun! They are all extremely nice and when we come back, we will be using them again! The only thing we didn’t know is that salmon fishing was not open yet so we were unable to catch any. Over all Mark and his wife are very friendly and knowledgeable and I recommend this charter company to everyone! lessDiana 6/10/2022Purple Heart Anglers Disabled Veterans Fishing "Trip of a Lifetime" As the president of Purple... moreAs the president of Purple Heart Anglers I will tell you that Oasis Alaska Charters is “One of the Best”. The boats are clean and comfortable and the Captains are personable, knowledgeable and absolute fishing fanatics that will put you on the fish. Purple Heart Anglers has taken disabled veterans fishing in Ketchikan on the Oasis Alaska fishing charters for three years now and will continue to have Mark Andrew, owner of Oasis Alaska, set us up. We use two of their boats and the Captains, Murray and Matt took care of our participants with respect and honor. (With a dash of fisherman’s abuse thrown in just for fun). All our participants have come away from this trip with memories that will last a lifetime. The owners and staff at Oasis Alaska had a great deal to do with this “Trip of a Lifetime” for the disabled veterans who went fishing. They made it a dream come true for all.Randy HoustonPresident, PHA lessRandy 9/22/2016
- Wonderful fishing charter experience We chartered two fishing boats... moreWe chartered two fishing boats for our excursion, while our cruise ship was docked in Ketchikan. We used Sourdough taxi to bring us conveniently to and from the pier. We ended up shipping our catch home through Clover Pass. I recommend Oasis highly and without reservation! lessVacationer31569 12/27/2017EPIC The favorite part was catching... moreThe favorite part was catching so many Coho's. Salmon fishing was on my husband's bucket list. We were on a 9-day Alaskan cruise. Fishing was one of the last things we planned. I had hoped and prayed that this fishing adventure would exceed my husband's expectations. It did ON EVERY LEVEL!!!! From the shuttle ride from/to the port, to the boat and captain (Drew), to the weather (sunny, no winds in September), to the fishing EVERYTHING was absolutely wonderful! Can't say enough good things about this company. - Oh yes I can! We had 60 lbs. of salmon filets shipped home to Tennessee. 60 POUNDS OF FILETS!!!! - Thank you Oasis Alaska Charters so much! - P.S. The group's picture is on INSTAGRAM. lessJSSTA 9/26/2022
- Awesome! Fabulous trip! The owners are... moreFabulous trip! The owners are overly accommodating-we did not have our license as we were supposed to and they printed them for us at their home. Murray was a fabulous captain-we quickly caught our limit of halibut and he took us to fish for other types of fish! When we visit Alaska again, we will definitely use Oasis! lessTraveler443457 6/09/2022Grand Slam Oasis Alaska Charters!!! Captain Desmond provided the two... moreCaptain Desmond provided the two of us with the experience of a lifetime. I highly recommend being on a smaller boat which gives you a 360* view of the stunning islands of Alaska. I saw the best whale bubble feeding view which lasted hours. So sooo cool! They came 20’ from the boat. I feel very few people get that experience and is something I will never forget.DrDanaRosen 9/14/2019
Captain Desmond is very knowledgeable of where to catch the fish and we went to private areas not widely known by the other charter boats. He had the boat ready to go so we stepped in and we were off. The boat is very clean and easy to move around. The inside has a bathroom and an area to sit down if you need a break from the countless fish you’re gonna catch!
All of their boats are great depending on what you want to fish for. Special thanks to owners Joanne and Mark for delivering a fabulous Labor Day weekend fishing adventure!!! less
- Bucket list fishing!!! My wife and i just... moreMy wife and i just returned from our Ketchikan trip and WOW! what a surprise! We only had couple days in Ketchikan so we decided to go fishing with Alaska oasis charters.We figured it would be nice to bring home some salmon and maybe a Halibut, at worst get to see the beautiful scenery by boat. Our Captain was Murray and the boat was the Reel Oasis.The weather was beautiful and the fishing was CRAZY!!! Limits both days! I will say we got lucky with the weather but not the fishing. These guys were super confident we would catch fish and knew every spot and method to get it done. definitely a Bucket list trip! Thanks to everyone at Alaska Oasis Charters. Marlin S. lesshstaple2n 8/09/2017Amazing Trip Oasis Charters literally saved our... moreOasis Charters literally saved our trip. Our original plans blew up due to Covid and JoAnn and our captain, Chris, stepped in and completely blew us away with an incredible trip. We originally were scheduled with Oasis for a 1 day trip, and ended up going out with Chris for all 4 days. Chris was a blast and put us on the fish each day, catching everything from Salmon and Halibut, to Sea Bass, cod and rockfish. We will be back again next year and the ONLY choice is Oasis Alaska Charters. What an amazing trip! See you next year.egiovanola 9/19/2020
Ed & Sue less
- Two Fantastic Days of Fishing It was such a great... moreIt was such a great time to spend with family on the water this past week. Murray was phenomenal in getting us into the middle of the Coho school and we had multiple fish on the line at the same time throughout two days out there. Mark and JoAnn went out of their way to make sure my family had an extraordinary time. We can't wait to come back. lessToddC400 8/09/2021Disabled Veterans fifth annual "Trip of a Lifetime" with Oasis alaska Charters The ownership, Captain and deck... moreThe ownership, Captain and deck hand truly made this a "Trip of a Lifetime" for our Disabled Veteran participants. We caught fish, we laughed and we came back with Kodak moments and wonderful memories that will be there for a lifetime. As the President of Purple Heart Anglers I just can't say enough. lessRandy 9/26/2018
- Fishing experience We went fishing with Oasis... moreWe went fishing with Oasis Charters on our day in Ketchikan during a cruise. I would highly recommend them! We caught lots of fish and the captain was great to fish with. 5 stars! lessCompass35950916127 6/28/20192 Person fishing trip A buddy and I... moreA buddy and I booked a one day trip and got Captain Murray. We had a great time, caught a ton of fish and the trip would have been even better, but we had to catch a flight and cut the day short. We're thinking of going back for an overnight trip to the end of Prince of Wales. lessSteve 4/16/2018
- Great fishing and boat captain My father-in-law and I chartered... moreMy father-in-law and I chartered with Oasis for a 4 hour salmon trip. Overall the experience was good and the captain, Hunter, was excellent and we enjoyed our afternoon. The one disappointing part was the transportation. We were on a cruise that docked in a new area west of town. Taxis could not enter the area, so Oasis picked us up and brought us back in their van. A 10 minute trip each way. After spending $640 for a private charter for 2, Oasis charged me an additional $80 for the 20 minutes in their van!!!! Got to be honest, I thought that was a little greedy. lessJason 8/01/2021Amazing day on the water! I cant say enough good... moreI cant say enough good things about this trip! The 4 of us had a boat to ourselves and Captain hunter was Amazing. We booked a 4 hour charter and were actually given a 5th hour for free so that they could coordinate our return to the port with another party,U461CFaprilg 9/27/2021
Mark, the owner, picked us up at our ship and we chatted pleasantly on the way to the boat. From there Captain Hunter took over. To say he knows his stuff is an understatement! We put our lines in and had a fish on with 5 minutes. We caught silvers, pinks and Kings (but had to throw the kings back since they were out of season and were tiny). We ended our 5 hours with 3 silvers and 14 pinks in the cooler! We had so many more that we got to reel in, but they broke off the lines just before we could scoop them up. This trip was awesome and time flew by way too fast.
I would highly recommend Oasis Alaska to anyone wanting to take home some Wild Alaska Salmon! less
- Amazing day on the water fishing for salmon Great communication, captain and boat... moreGreat communication, captain and boat were ready as soon as we got there. Short ride to fish and caught 11 salmon that we had processed and flown home. Favorite day in Alaska by far. lessCruiseCrusader 8/05/2019Great fishing/Great company Our four hour halibut fishing... moreOur four hour halibut fishing tour could not have been better!!! We got our limit of halibut plus 4 Pacific Cod, 2 sharks and a founder. Chris, our captain, was excellent in every way. Highlight of our trip!! lessterrycT6916ES 6/01/2019
- Outstanding Fishing Guide Service! We bottom fished with Murray... moreWe bottom fished with Murray on July 4th and caught our limit of Halibut and Yelloweye! The boat was nice and well equipped and the guide was knowledgeable and eager to help us catch fish! lessHawkeyedds1988 7/08/2016Salmon Fishing Great day of Salmon fishing!!!... moreGreat day of Salmon fishing!!! It was a beuatiful day on the water and the captain was knowledgeable and friendly. lessJeff 9/20/2017
- Beautiful day on the water Although the halibut fishing was... moreAlthough the halibut fishing was rough, Thomas did his best to keep us in some action. We caught a wide variety of fish and had a great time. If our ship had not been leaving port early, I would have tried to book Thomas for the afternoon also. My sons and i thoroughly enjoyed it. lessGCGOINGS 6/25/2018Awesome fishing excursion My husband son son-in-law and... moreMy husband son son-in-law and friend went fishing on this excursion and caught so many fish they had so much fun and the captain was awesome. We are going to book another cruise next August so I can go fishing with my husband lessjudyhenderson6677 5/10/2018
- Amazing Salmon Fishing! Captain Murray is a fantastic guide! Let me preface this review... moreLet me preface this review by saying this was our second private fishing trip in Alaska. The first one, the day before was fun and we caught several salmon. However, Oasis Charter with Captain Murray was really exceptional! The boat was extremely clean and very nice. Murray made everything easy and fun! We caught a lot of coho salmon that we had shipped home. Best tasting fish we’ve ever eaten. Murray took us to several fishing sites and along the way pointed out many interesting sights! We plan to come book again book with Oasis and Murray in the near future! lessBarbara2012 9/13/2019Salmon fishing with friends We had a great time,... moreWe had a great time, fishing was good. Mostly we caught pinks, some silvers, and a few kings. Which we put back. Everyone enjoyed the Captain with his knowledge and sense of humor. A great time was had by all. Would do it again gladly. lessInspire55667876615 8/21/2019
- Fantastic Charter!!! We booked this charter very... moreWe booked this charter very last minute, and Oasis was super nice and accommodating. They were quick to communicate and really attentive. We went out in the morning with Captain Hunter who was wonderful. He helped us max out our salmon limits (other boats were not catching as much as us based on what we heard and saw) and was great to talk to (we asked a million questions and he was patient answering them all). I can’t recommend Oasis enough!!! … lessNicholas 8/09/2021Family Salmon Fishing in Ketchikan The team at Oasis hosted... moreThe team at Oasis hosted a great fishing experience for our family. We had a range of ages from 11 to 80 and a mix of inexperienced and experienced anglers. Murray, our guide, handled our group professionally while being entertaining and best of all he tried hard to put us on as much fish as possible. Pickup and drop-off from the cruise terminal was easy. Definitely recommend a trip with Oasis. lessCory 7/07/2023
- Excellent Halibut and Sea Bass Fishing in Ketchikan My husband, father in law,... moreMy husband, father in law, and I booked a 4 hour Halibut tour outside of our cruise ship- We were in port from 1230p-730p and wanted a more personalized experience rather then going through the cruise line. I am SO GLAD THAT WE DID because we had a great day and ended up with a nice catch of fish! This operation offered transportation from the cruise ship to the marina. As we were getting off the ship, Mark, called us and said he was in the parking lot waiting for us. It was about a 20 minute drive to the marina where we met our captain Hunter. The boat was in excellent condition and managed the sea’s well. It was overcast/rainy (typical for Ketchikan) but also a little breezy. Hunter and Mark had told us that they were concerned with the weather report and we would have to “play it by ear” if it got to rough. Thankfully, it did not get to rough and we were able to spend a lot of time out on the water. It took a little while for the Halibut to turn on as the tide was not moving in the right direction, but when it did, we quickly caught our limit! One Halibut was 35 inches, which is big considering we couldn’t keep it if it was over 40 inches, so we were thrilled!After we caught our limit, Hunter gave us the option to do some Salmon fishing or do some bottom fishing for cod/sea bass. Since we wanted table fare, we opted for the bottom fishing- it was not Salmon season yet. Hunter ran for about 20 minutes to get us to a more protected area (the wind was starting to pick up a bit and we needed calm waters to jig). No sooner then we got to this new area, he saw fish on the meter, told us what to do, and boom we started catching sea bass. Unfortunately we did not catch any cod, but we did limit out on sea bass. During this time there was a bald eagle flying around and doing his own fishing which allowed me to capture some amazing photos. We also saw Orca’s and sea lions. Overall this trip was amazing. We ended up with 3 Halibut, 1 pacific cod, and 15 sea bass. When we got back to the marina, the dock guys met us, took the fish, cleaned them up for pictures, and then filleted and packaged the fish for shipping. Now that we are back home (in Maryland) we should be getting the fish this week. We are so excited!I highly recommend this company and this tour. It was excellent and we had a great time. While we had a great day, remember, its called fishing, not catching…. Although I am confident Hunter will do anything in his power to put you on the fish 🙂 lessAmanda 6/12/2022Amazing fishing trip We travelled to Ketchikan for... moreWe travelled to Ketchikan for the sole purpose of a once in a lifetime fishing trip. After a full day outing with captain Murray we were more than satisfied. After getting our limits of halibut right away, captain Murray went to work getting us giant lings and limits on black cod as well as salmon and many others. Scenery consisted of plenty of whales , otters and bald eagles. Amazing day! lessmrpate888 8/24/2018
- Ketchikan Fishing The pre-fishing information on how... moreThe pre-fishing information on how to get a fishing license, taxi contact and planning for departure and return to our cruise ship. Chris our captain was knowledgeable about the recent movement of halibut and king salmon. Likewise, Chris was engaging with our group on fishing and other Alaskan experiences. Our party of 3 caught halibut and king salmon even though it was early in the season (June 6th, 2019). We thoroughly enjoyed our 6 hour trip and had a beautiful day on the water near Prince of Wales Island. lessConnector40915574816 6/22/2019The Best!!!! We had the best time!!!!... moreWe had the best time!!!! Would highly recommend this Charter! Would use them again! Our captain was excellent and very knowledgeable!!! lessJeanetteReasner 9/20/2019
- Great charter fishing experience Message: I just wanted to... moreMessage: I just wanted to tell you guys what a fun time we had on our charter. Murray is a great guy to be sent out with and really works hard to make the trip a great one. He certainly did for us. The boat you use is really nice and is perfect for four. We hope to do this again next year, our friend from Germany had a trip of a lifetime unlike anything you could do there. Now his dad is itching to go for next season and you can be sure we will phone you for the trip. We would hope we get paired with Murray again. The whales were spectacular. lessNate 8/22/2015If you are going fishing, choose no other outfitter! I can't say enough about... moreI can't say enough about our experience. From the time we booked the reservation, to giving high fives on the boat, it was perfect. The communication was great from the start and if you follow the directions, it is such a smooth process. The ride up to the harbor was beautiful and worth the taxi fare to get away from the ships. Our captain was awesome and put us on fish in the first 30 minutes. I can't promise you will have the same luck, but I assure you will work their butts off for you. Book this charter, you will not be disappointed. lessTrail27074229126 6/28/2019
- Ketchikan Fishing Excursion We had a great time,... moreWe had a great time, the weather was perfect, our guide was awesome (Thomas) and we caught a bunch of fish that we had fed-ex'd home! This trip included my husband, our 2 boys (18yrs old & 19 yrs old) and a couple of friends! I would recommend this excursion to anyone. lesslherb2018 6/26/2018Outstanding Fishing and Fun in Ketchikan My son and I had... moreMy son and I had a terrific time with Captain Mike. He really is a pleasure to fish with. His focus was always on getting us fish, and he tried different locations, flashers, depths and bait to help us do the best we could. We were thrilled to catch salmon, halibut and cod with him. He works hard to put you on fish, unlike some charters that stay closer to the marina. It was a real pleasure to talk to with him as we enjoyed two wonderful days fishing. We'll be back. lessBrian 7/23/2015
- INCREDIBLE FISHING EXPERIENCE Oasis Alaska Charters recently hosted... moreOasis Alaska Charters recently hosted a group of Disabled Veterans from Purple Heart Anglers. The treatment was superb, and the gear and boats are first rate. The Captains, Matt and Murray, are extremely qualified anglers and get you on some incredible fishing. Their skills ensured everyone on-board experienced what Alaska salmon fishing should be. The owner Mark Andrew and his wife made sure our experience was "first class". Any future trips to Ketchikan will definitely include a few days with Oasis Alaska Charters. Chuck, Gunnery Sergeant, USMC (Retired). lessretgunnyusmc 9/27/2016Best Fishing Trip EVER! This was one of the... moreThis was one of the best experiences of my life, hands down. Everyone involved with Oasis and Salmon Falls were professional, fun, and incredibly gracious. I would highly recommend this charter group to anyone interested in this sort of excursion! I'm already beginning to plan my next trip! lessjoeycox2019 8/03/2019
- Fun Fishing Trip Captain Murray was an outstanding... moreCaptain Murray was an outstanding fishing captain!!!! He was patient with us novice fisherman!!! 🙂 With his expertise we were able to catch 3 halibut, 5 cod, 1 small shark(had to through him back) and numerous bait fish(fun to catch). Would definitely recommend Oasis Alaska Charters!!! Also JoAnn was very helpful in answering our numerous questions! Thanks Captain Murray for a fun morning, the four hours flew by!!! lesstmsylak 6/17/2018The Best!!!! We had the best time!!!!... moreWe had the best time!!!! Would highly recommend this Charter! Would use them again! Our captain was excellent and very knowledgeable!!! lessJeanetteReasner 9/20/2019
- Great owners and captain Went on a full day... moreWent on a full day halibut and salmon trip on the Reel Therapy and had a great time and caught a lot of fish lessmikecarr2536 8/21/2019A fantastic time in Alaska! We had so much fun,... moreWe had so much fun, we even caught some fish! Definitely one of the absolute highlights of our Alaskan vacation. The boat was the perfect size. It was just the six of us so there weren’t tons of people trying to fish at one time getting their lines crossed, etc. I would highly recommend to anyone looking to go fishing to book your tour through Oasis Alaska Charters. lessDarcy 9/27/2019
- Great fishing trip! Had a blast with my... moreHad a blast with my wife, father, and father in-law. I highly recommend fishing with Oasis Alaska Charters! lessdlockett1722 8/25/2019Awesome Fishing Trip with Oasis Alaska Charters in Ketchikan We had a blast the... moreWe had a blast the 3 days out fishing with Captain Hunter. We caught a ton of fish (salmon, halibut, lings, true cod, sea bass), had a lot of great laughs, and we all really enjoyed the entire experience. We highly recommend family and friends to book a fishing trip with Oasis Alaska Charters. Hunter is a first-class Captain and is very knowledgeable about fishing. He is also very passionate about what he does and it showed. Next trip we will for sure book with Oasis Alaska Charters with Captain Hunter! Thank you again for the experience and great memories! less217chuckk 7/22/2022
- oasischarters my wife and i chartered... moremy wife and i chartered a boat for a 4 hour salmon fishing with captain murray. captain murray could not have been better.....he made our fishing time fun and memorable. we were able to catch 3 salmon that we had shipped back home. oasis alaska charters also recommended that we use sourdough taxi to bring us to and from the marina...the driver was pleasant and made sure we got back to the ship on time. great time in ketchikan alaska lessktye38 9/11/2018Oasis Alaska Charters;Bill M. group Very disappointed with 4 hours... moreVery disappointed with 4 hours of Halibut Fishing.We fished the same spot where the day before 4 Halibut were caught.Is this the only place to catch Halibut or did the boat that was 150 yards from us have the best spot? More importantly,we were told that since we did not catch any Halibut some would be sent to us along with the 1 Salmon and 4 Rock fish.We never got the Halibut.Why not? .I have not yet been billed for the cost of sending the fish to The Mcallister address.Could it be that getting my credit card # hand-written instead of electronically an error was made.? lesscourtneymeyer 7/28/2018
- Great fishing/Great company Our four hour halibut fishing... moreOur four hour halibut fishing tour could not have been better!!! We got our limit of halibut plus 4 Pacific Cod, 2 sharks and a founder. Chris, our captain, was excellent in every way. Highlight of our trip!! lessterrycT6916ES 6/01/2019Labor Day Weekend 2017 Great guide; we fished for... moreGreat guide; we fished for several hours as described in the package and caught several types of fish - halibut, salmon and cod. lessJon 2/16/2018
- First King of the season Mark was able to take... moreMark was able to take me out when others turned me down because I was the only one fishing. He as well as the others told me that it was still too early in the season for good king fishing. In fact, the cleaning and shipping facility wasn't even open yet. So I either had to go out with the cruise ship charter with a party of 6 and really limit my chances or go out with Mark. It was an easy choice to make. His boat and gear were top quality and his home made smoked salmon, that he brought along for snacks, was the best I ever had. We trolled along with a few other boats that were out there and passed each other several times, but our boat was the only one that was successful, with 2 kings. I attribute this to his knowledge about how deep to fish and how fast to troll. I will definitely book with him again the next time I come up. He is a serious and well-seasoned angler.He and his wife, who joined us, were easy to talk to and we shared fish stories and he told me all about Alaska.Thanks Mark and to your wife, who did a fantastic job filming me on the one hook-up. lessjohn 5/14/2015great guides. the guides form this charter... morethe guides form this charter are some of the best. They work very hard to get you on the fish no matter what. lessJteel476 8/05/2019